Class and workshop proposals
Organizational page for proposed classes and workshops at RMM's space and other community facilities.
- Introduction to Arduinos - ?
- Project development using Arduinos - ?
- Wearable circuits - outside instructor
- Sensors and clothing - outside instructors
- Environmental sensors - outside instructor
- Various Arduino projects - instructor to come
- Web development workshops - Shirley & JC, outside instructors
- Wiki workshop - Shirley, James, Trae
- documentary night - critique and discussion -trae
- Project-focused Linux
- Quite a few requests for youth robotics classes via the class alert sign-up page on the website - we need an instructor for this
- Introduction to computer hardware (teardown and reconstruct boxes/laptops) - ?
- Making circuit boards - Rick Curl?
- Introduction to Circuit Design - Shawn & RIck?
- Introduction to Python programming?
- Intro to Wordpress and Drupal ( in conjunction with Wordpress BIrmingham)
- Shop equipment & power tool training and certification.
- Silicon casting and molding.
- Introduction to 3D printing
- 3D modeling for 3D printing
- Introduction to Arduinos - Shirley
- Introduction to computer hardware (teardown and reconstruct boxes/laptops) - Shirley
- Introduction to circuits - Shirley
- Soldering and electronics basics - Shirley
- Comp_TIA A+
- Introduction to ROS, the Robot Operating System (Facilitated group going through online tutorials)
- MIT App Inventor (Facilitated group going through online tutorials)
- Beyond Arduino: Clones and Alternatives (Other microcontrollers and how to choose based on application)
- SparkFun Teacher workshops?
Possible ways of handling class sign-up - have a wait list form for a specific class or workshop until critical mass reached, then schedule, with confirmation requests sent out to those waitlisted?