We passed out the name suggestion list for everyone to mark his/her top 5 names. At the next meeting we'll complete another round of voting.
- David - decisions should be mostly left up to membership. Bylaws should be crafted as hands-off as possible. Makers Local 256 has some examples: *https://256.makerslocal.org/wiki/Bylaws
Seth - We should bypass officers until bylaws are created to define offices. In the meantime we created committees
- Site Committee: Evan, Houston, Kevin
- Fundraising/Sponsorship: JD, DeLorian, Katie
- Projects Committee: JD, David, Brannon
- Bylaws Committee: Seth David, Katie, Trae
In the future we will create a requisition committee
Committees will present to the group at Planning Meetings
Everyone needs to be prepared to start paying dues when bylaws are created to define membership/dues
First funds we will need is application for non-profit status. Fees are around $200
We could sell stuff for funds - discussed crowdsourcing/rewards for donations
Hot Metal Project Meeting:
General Opinions: sucks we couldn't weld because it was raining, but it was beneficial to meet Laddie and see his solar projects, and to see Houston's workspace/what he is working on. Working in everyone's different spaces will be valuable in learning what we need from a space
We will combine a planning and project meeting at JD's Arduino Basics meeting Tuesday, May 8th at 6pm.
- The Meetup Link : http://www.meetup.com/BhamHackerSpace/events/62035752/
A few people noted that Planning Meetings at 8pm on Tuesdays are too late. We can move around times/locations in the future to accomodate schedules / new members
to calendar ..