to calendar ..
Join us to work towards opening Birmingham's first Maker/Hackerspace. http://www.meetup.com/RedMountainMakers/events/96836592/
At this meetup you can find out what we are about if you are new to the Maker movement or you can join in as we discuss the direction of the group with concentration on agenda topics that need resolution.
As always the meeting is free to attend and participate in, but if you would like to be a full member please bring cash or check to pay your monthly dues.
Meeting is BYOB and refreshments/snacks are more than welcome.
If you are a full member and you wish to add items to the agenda or would like to give a presentation to the group please contact Seth
Thursday, February 19, 2013 @ 6:30 PM Planning and Organization Meeting
Crestwood Coffee Shop 5512 Crestwood Blvd., Birmingham, AL
- CHAIR proposes discount dues for full year payment. to be followed up with FINANCE
- ames pays dues
- DESIGN: Logo meetings - tshirts SATURDAY? Shirley, Houston, Trae
- Craft night with plastic bag fusion demo at DISCo. March 5th; Lauren, Trae, Seth
- SECRETARY follows up with DISCo and give contacts to PROMO
- Potluck planning meetings, every other planning meeting
- SITE: needs short list of criteria saturday?
- SITE gives tour of spaces
- Promotion opportunities
- quad copter advertising: Houston, David, Mark (need to make wiki project)
- pheonix festival promotions discussed- memorial day
- sidewalk or magic city art connection soldering booth- june
- mini maker atlanta- september
- PROMO: needs press kit. seth, shirley
- project van- A-Team vehicle to work on and advertise with. see skoolies.com, short block chevy. houston
- FINANCE: Record of member payments. david, TREASURER
- FINANCE: Budget graphs on wiki. David, SECRETARY