2013-11-17 Board meeting
From Red Mountain Makers Wiki
to calendar ..
RMMSpace 5502 1st ave N
- Business Plan
- Vote to reimburse Shirley for $60/year spam prevention.
- 4 aye - Dalorion, David, Russel, Trae
- 1 abstain - Shirley
- Reimbursement Approved.
- Standing Rules Proposals
- Upcoming Events
- Room Rentals
- Hootsuite Tutorial
- Board member CVs for business plan (Examples: http://www.rei.com/about-rei/board-of-directors.html, http://cycleto.ca/sites/default/files/Board%20Bios%20-%202010_0.pdf)
- TechBirmingham org page: http://www.techbirmingham.com/connect-with-others/
- Services and activities: Need to describe what we're doing and what we're offering to members.
- Need to make some plans for classes over the next year, immediate short term offerings, and longer-term offerings. I'd worry less about who is going to teach them than what we want to focus on. Is section 2.3.2 in the model doc.
- Competition (Trae and Shirley to summarize)
- Liability and safety (need to discuss plans for handling things. My current understanding is that we're to approach an insurer as a hobby group at this point).
- Accounting, Legal and other services
- To keep operating costs low, accounting will be handled largely by designated volunteers.
- Little to no legal expenses are anticipated beyond the initial setup fees. Because of this, the monthly budget for legal and accounting fees will be carried from month-to-month creating a slush fund for unforeseen needs, and will accumulate for a time when it is needed.
- Given the size of the facility, the need for other 3rd party services such as janitorial are eliminated.
- Minutes are posted to next weeks planning meetup page.
- Board votes to reimburse shirley 60$ for one year spam prevention.
- Reimbursements are not made for Donations. Reimbursements must voted on in advance of purchase or aquisition.