2014-08-19 maker meeting
From Red Mountain Makers Wiki
to calendar ..
- Weekly meeting of the Red Mountain Makers membership to deal with space stuff.
- Tuesday, August 19th, 2014
- Meeting commenced 6:08 pm
- Meeting adjourned 6:58 pm.
- @the space, 5502 1st Avenue N., Birmingham AL 35212
- Shirley Hicks, member
- Trae Watson, member
- JC Porras, member
- Chris Lais, member
- Shawn Pearson, member
- James Nylan, maker
- Steven Wyss, member
- donations page on website - request for projects and language
- Standing rules for space regulation
- chairs purchase & replacement of existing chairs
- bins purchase
- planned shelves purchase
- friday load
- work day
- insurance inspection
Following items still outstanding, no further progress.
- Vaping in space - Evan found this study on the effects
- Any objections to new website look?
- Proposed standing rule regarding cleaning up in space - JC & Shirle
- Proposal for membership application form, with sample forms.
- Request for members to begin putting their names, contact info & storage spot on their equipment on loan to the space.
- baird needs phpadmin access
- map proposal
- AC down
- Chair: Trae
- Minutes: Shirley
- Space floorplan - Mykel wanted some revision. We have to watch how much we open up as major reno requires all electrical to be brought up to date.
- Landlord to provide scaffolding and drywall.
- RMM to be responsible for the demolition and clearance of objects from space.
- New donations page - need to add explanation of donationship relationship.
- Donation in kind - add to the donations list?
- Standing rules review - short version - Trae would like to make it a bit more light-hearted. Will edit
- JC requests somebody lead the RFID night again so he can participate (he's had some requests) - he is leading Linux night on Fridays. Shawn mentioned that Rick Curl will be able to lead once he recovers from recent surgery.
- Art night is moving to Thursdays. Trae is thinking that this could be a general hack and craft night.
- Reminder to update BIrmingham365 event posting.
- Chairs purchase - Trae purchased 36 matching wheeled chairs at the UAB auction on Monday, as well as 5 x 5.5 cabinets. Shirley purchased 4 pallets of storage bins. Will need help loading and unloading on Friday August 22nd at the UAB warehouse pending 2 pm - 5 pm. Trae to set meetup once transport arrangement confirmed with Bill Hudson. A work Meet-up will be scheduled onced transport is confirmed. Short chairs can be resold to neighborhood used furniture store - need to confirm ownership. Parking tickets will be applied today - if you own them, please move out by Tuesday August 26th.
- Trae to post some afternoon work days on Tuesday and Thursdays - half hour sprint workouts to remove nails from lumber being kept for reuse!
- We have a FIberLab loom certification class. If you want to know how to use it, come to class, Saturday August 23rd, 4 pm.
- Group needs illuminated exit signs and a licensed contractor to install them. Required to meet insurance and building code requirements.
- Regarding wiki: still some missing pages - we're going to need to recreate them.
- Insurance inspection - we need to know date by which installation of illuminated exit signs must be complete. Shirley to check with our insurer.
- Request for updated wish list from Steven Wyss - we have potential donors. If you want it, get it on the wish list!
- Trae to schedule a field trip to Technical Knockout for either Monday August 25th or Thursday August 28th - call for interested members. Please let him know.