2014-09-23 Maker meeting
From Red Mountain Makers Wiki
to calendar ..
sept 23rd maker meeting
- @ the space, 5502 1st Avenue North, Birmingham, AL
- Shirley Hicks, member
- James Nylen, member
- trae, member
- shawn, member
- chris lais, member
- jc, member
- john rhymes, member
- Upcoming Events
- Field trip proposal - Auburn University's Polymer & Textiles Engineering department
- Application submitted to Woodlawn Community Fair - late (deadline was September 21st. $15.00 charge for table and tent.
- MSDS documentation offer from Shirley's husband Mark.
- Fundraising proposal - LAN party -- Shirley
- Confirm work required to ensure that IT infrastructure is sufficiently robust.
- board meeting date
- electrician update
- Report on Equipment Inventory night
- Computer Lab 2.0 status
- Shape Lab 2.0 status
- Fiber Lab status
- Shirley trying to get together textiles trip to Auburn. M-F 3pm tentative
- Woodlawn community faire - RMM okay with fronting $15 late fee?
- Woodlawn Business Association Meeting - will we be attending?
- The Big Pitch - what else do we need to have besides the business plan...Trae is wanting to enter
- MSDS documents review by Mark - Shirley’s Husband
- LAN Party - Shirley is requesting someone help her who has run one before - JC volunteered
- AT&T is not working well - maybe considering Brighthouse?
- What day for for new board meeting? Oct 1
- James proposes having a sound room- he has studio 8track sound card and mics
- sunday morning computer lab work
- linux class moves monday night
- game night is friday night
- migrating domain
- james suggests vps atlantic.net monthly $5.50 per month
- amazon suggested by mykel
- dreamhost cloud flare
- concerns about public accessability from chris
- Board meeting Oct 1st wednesday 6:30pm
- mark reviewing vaping
- russell going post to crimp on friday
- standing rule proposal to make storage drawers $10 each. $45 total member rate.