2014-12-02 makers meeting

From Red Mountain Makers Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

to calendar ..

Summary

RMM Maker Meeting

Started: 6:09 pm
Finish: 7:03 pm

Location

5502 1st ave n, @theSpace

Participants

Shirley Hicks, member
Trae Watson, member
JC Porras, member
John Rhymes, member
Chris Lais, member

Agenda

  • upcoming events
    • Proposal to host 48-hour BOSS Hackathon January 24 & 25th, 2015 (Saturday and Sunday).
    • Dec 11th 3d printer event at barber museum.
  • projects

New

Mice in the kitchen
Proposal to host 48-hour BOSS Hackathon January 24 & 25th, 2015 (Saturday and Sunday).
Dec 11th 3d printer event at barber museum.
moving to wednesday maker meetings was a bad ideaTrae (talk) 15:52, 2 December 2014 (PST)
shop move from rick curls fathers place within the month.
paint job
Instructor recruitment
Photo lab

Old

Back Burner

Minutes

  • Upcoming events
    • Proposal to host 48-hour BOSS Hackathon January 24 & 25th, 2015 (Saturday and Sunday).
    • Dec 11th 3d printer event at barber museum.
  • Projects
    • No new projects

New

Mice in the kitchen
  • Shirley to post reminder that all food must be in hard containers to prevent mouse damage.
  • Trae proposed a standing rule that new standing rule regarding types of containers that are mouse proof - will draft or find language for next makers meeting.
Proposal to host 48-hour BOSS Hackathon January 24 & 25th, 2015 (Saturday and Sunday).
  • Shirley said that it would be a good opportunity to start introducing members of the larger Bimringham community to our space and what we do here.
  • Some concerns about our ability to host a sizeable event - OTOH, it gives us a deadline.
  • Decision - Yes, we are interested in hosting. Shirley to talk to David Wilkens (of BOSS) regarding size of hackathon, capping it at around 30 participants.
Dec 11th 3D printer event at Barber Vintage Motor Sports Museum.
  • Seminar, 8 am - noon, put on by ModernTech - showing off their wares and crew
  • Members encouraged to attend. Presentation will touch on the difference between professional vs. hobbyist 3D printing
Moving to Wednesday maker meetings was a bad ideaTrae (talk) 15:52, 2 December 2014 (PST)
  • Requesting feedback from membership regarding best times!
  • Late Sunday afternoon is one of the proposed times
  • Please let Trae know what times and days work best for you.
Shop move from Rick Curl's father's place within the month.
  • Awesome shop, extensive tool selection, would really kit out the space well.
  • Tied to back room completion.
  • Deadline to move out equipment - end of December.
  • Bill Hudson (and trailer) on stand-by for the move
  • A large supply of darkroom equipment available
  • Also, potential members/makers who are interested in a darkroom
Paint Job -Trae is going to do it tomorrow (Shirley fell down on the job!)
Instructor recruitment
Fire and security alarm service - we need it - proposed by Steven
  • Steven to talk to ADT - get a quote regarding installation and monthly monitoring. Security is becoming more important as the amount of equipment in the space increases.
  • Rick Curl has spec'd out an RFID sign-in system.
  • Steven to coordinate with RIck regarding capabilities and schedule a time for the interested members to talk to ADT rep.

Nominations

The following members were nominated for hosting functions at the space. Vote will be taken at the December 9th Makers meeting.

Trae nominated Chris Lais to be a Computer Lab host, Steven Wyss seconded.
Trae nominated JC Meeting Room host, Steven Wyss seconded.
Trae nominated Celeste Pfau as Fiber Lab host, Steven Wyss seconded.

Votes