2015-05-31 maker meet
From Red Mountain Makers Wiki
to calendar ..
- Weekly maker meeting, aka "what's going on"
- Start: 6pm
RMM 5502 1st ave N Birmingham, AL 35212
PARTICIPATING KEY HOLDING MEMBERS
- Shirley Hicks
- John Rhymes
- Chris Lais
- James Nylen
- Kurt Fattig
- Russell Holcombe
- Shawn Holcombe
- Trae Watson
- Katie Elkins
- Milo Elkins
MAKER MEETING AGENDA
- Taking minutes - Russell Holcombe
- Moderating - Shawn Pearson
- Review of previous minutes - 7 Yeah. 1 Abstained
- Review of events
- Cabinets placed on wheels for use (as is) to hold tools, and serve as work tables.
- Power wheels batteries under acquisition.
- Atlantic.net discussion regarding migration pending… and pending a volunteer (or paid service).Meeting suggested by Kurt to be held regarding our end goal. Shirley and James are ‘go to’ members on this project. Meeting date/time to come on meetup.
- Schedule electric vehicle display for Saturday, June 20, to coincide with Woodlawn Street Market. Have a Tesla and/or other electric vehicles, our Power Racing Series vehicle, Mark Gilbert's project car, and perhaps an Electrathon vehicle on display.
- We could block off spaces on the right side of the parking lot for the display area.
- We could arrange for other engineering/science displays.
- Dispose of disposable PC's today. All 'yeas' present of those present.
- Ceramics Lab and where to facilitate it discussed. More to come...
LAB HOST UPDATES
- Bio Lab - No new rpt.
- Communal Space Host - Shirley is taking a month’s responsibility beginning June 1st 2015. A fluorescent lamp will be installed above the electrical area (at end of hallway) on the east side of RMM. Suggestions of maintenance materials be placed in rolling cabinets for mobility and aiding with cleaning certain areas. Light(s) fixture in electrical & back room east back door to be repaired tonight.
- Computer Lab - PrinterBot not working at this time. It is believed to be the temperature sensor.
- Circuits Lab - Cleanup is ongoing... Inventory of all items (in stock and those ordered) to be completed by 2 weeks’ time.
- Fiber Lab - No new rpt
- Meeting Room - JC will be cleaning when he is onsite next.
- Print Lab - New color printer to move to another spot (keeping operative) in Printer Lab.
- Shape Lab - Rotating table to begin for larger machines by the end of the month.
- Web & Tech
- Maintenance Room - Shop vac training on how to use as a ‘wet vac’ and how to use as a ‘dry vac’. Shop vac failure would coast approximately $170 to replace. Please be advised to care for all equipment, while passing this along to others.
- All those under a 3 mos renewal for position(s) will be kept as active. 8 yeas. No nays.
- meeting adjourned till next week 6pm
floor is now open for discussion and RMM tours