2015-11-01 Board Meeting

From Red Mountain Makers Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

to calendar ..

Summary

8:10pm-8:50pm

Location

RMM 5502 1st ave N Birmingham, AL 35212

Participants

  • Trae -board member -moderator
  • Miriam -board member -minutes
  • Shawn -board member
  • JC -board member
  • Shirley -board member
  • (board members absent -Chris and James)
  • Russell
  • Sally
  • Stephen R.

Board Meeting Agenda

Every last Sunday at 7:30pm Our Mission as a technical cooperative is to engage in scientific and artistic research, experimentation, and education. To do so, we adapt a workspace for a collaborative and supportive community of peer and project based education related to technology and artistic expression. We also support the use and development of free and opensource software, hardware and design.

Old

New

Treasurer's Report

upcoming events and deadlines

deadlines

  • Business license renewal for 2016 year (Business Admin, Secretary, Treasurer)
    • city of Birmingham city license
    • first two weeks in December 2015 only
  • Tax donation list and forms from 2015 (Treasurer and Business Admin)
    • must be mailed out by February 2016
    • check in with all lab hosts for 2015 year,specific lab donations that may fall through the gaps.
      • Fiber Lab: Ruth Truit
  • Annual Report (Secretary and past 2015 year board members for info)
    • January 2016
  • IRS 990 form (Treasurer)
    • January 2016

committee updates

Secretary Notes

  • Board of Directors & Leadership Please review and make sure the leadership page on our wiki is correct.
    • Does it say you do what you do or do you want something added removed from your CV notes?
    • Provide edits to the secretary or jump in and make the changes yourself.
    • Do you want CV notes for all the lab hosts or just the Board members and admin positions?
    • This info will be used for future grant proposals.
  • Plans to switching from liability to comprehensive (replacement of contents in the space) insurance policy with full lab space equipment inventory.
    • Can we set a deadline for each lab host to get a full equipment inventory done by.
    • Can Shirley explain what these inventory's entail to all the lab hosts.

Grants

Sally's various projects: do we have a full list?

outreach

makers or partner proposals

  • adviser nominations & votes

closing announcements

  • meeting adjourned till the last Sunday of next month at 7:30pm


floor is now open for discussion and RMM tours

Back Burner

Minutes

Treasurer's Report

  • hopes to give expenses and incoming of cash at each month.
    • bank account: $3076.90
    • paypal: $195
  • will meet with James to better understand the current accounting software in use.
  • $4800 in donated equipment for 2015
  • $288 in donated services
  • looking into a December workshop covering financials for nonprofits ($20.00)
  • Trae wants the business admin to look over the shoulder of the treasurer to learn and see what else can be done

upcoming events and deadlines

deadlines

  • Business license renewal for 2016 year (Business Admin, Secretary, Treasurer)
    • city of Birmingham city license
    • first two weeks in December 2015 only
  • Tax donation list and forms from 2015 (Treasurer and Business Admin)
    • must be mailed out by February 2016
  • check in with all lab hosts for 2015 year, specific lab donations that may fall through the gaps.
    • Fiber Lab: Ruth Truit
  • Annual Report (Secretary and past 2015 year board members for info)
    • January 2016
  • IRS 990 form (Treasurer)
    • January 2016

committee updates

Secretary Notes

  • Board of Directors & Leadership Please review and make sure the leadership page on our wiki is correct.
  • Does it say you do what you do or do you want something added removed from your CV notes?
  • Provide edits to the secretary or jump in and make the changes yourself.
  • Do you want CV notes for all the lab hosts or just the Board members and admin positions?
    • This info will be used for future grant proposals.

December 31st deadline set for all lab hosts to get an inventory of furnishings and equipment in their lab, consumables not to be counted Shirley will contact lab hosts, asks the board to support her with the importance of the deadline.

  • Plans to switching from liability to comprehensive (replacement of contents in the space) insurance policy with full lab space equipment inventory.
    • Can we set a deadline for each lab host to get a full equipment inventory done by.
    • Can Shirley explain what these inventory's entail to all the lab hosts.

Grants

Grant Sources

Outside people interested in helping RMM with grants, someone within RMM needs to work with and help over see them. Looking for a Grant Comittee head, their responsibilities will be:

  • finding what grants are out there
  • getting grants applied to
  • follow up on people who are researching potential grants

Sally is interested in it if it can including fundraising as well as grants Shirley thinks the two are big projects and different recommends they are kept separate Sally will help with outreach/fundraising John still currently the point person for grants, someone to check in with him and if this is still something of interested.

Sally's various projects: do we have a full list? Hoping to plan an event in January/February 2016

  • silent auction
  • demonstrations
  • formal event
  • pay for tickets

T-shirts: online sales currently 6 sold need 11 to print. RMM gets a portion of the profits.

  • Shirley will help promote on RMM website
  • Miriam apologies for not getting it up on the Facebook page yet.

Fundly

makers or partner proposals

Sally is aware of a group that services underprivileged communities and afterschool programs. She will look into bring RMM more information about them and potential for us working with them

adviser nominations & votes

None

Issues not covered in the meeting: lease and rent payment plan and schedule.