2015-11-08 Maker Meet

From Red Mountain Makers Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

to calendar ..

Summary

Start: 7:09 pm Finish 8:20 pm

Location

RMM 5502 1st ave N Birmingham, AL 35212

Participants

Shawn Pearson
Sally Kuhn
Shirley Hicks
Kurt Fattig
Steven Wyss
John Rhymes
  • New volunteer to take minutes?
  • New volunteer to moderate?

Old

New

Show-n-Tell Projects

Lab Host updates

  • Shape Lab

feedback

parking requests

Nominations

Rick Curl up for membership

Announcements

Barnes & Noble Fundraiser
Paying to get web integration finished
Donation Page setup
Silent Auction fundraiser
New brochure

Back Burner

Minutes

  • Minutes taken by Shirley
  • Shawn moderated

Old

  • Review of previous minutes 2015-11-01 RMM Meeting - Voted approved - 5 yeas, 0 nays
  • Review of events
    • Barnes and Noble Mini Maker Faire - oops we forgot to review that

New

Show-n-Tell Projects

  • No projects for Show and Tell

Lab Host updates

  • Shape lab now painted
    • Kurt thanks Shirley, Sally John Rhymes & Ben Gallagher (new maker - first event)
    • Six people helped in shifts
    • Shape Lab is now painted white.
    • Next steps - replace particle board surface floor with plywood (as proposed by Richard Morgan), Shirley getting pricing on floating rubber mat tile for room. (Sample in the library/office)
    • Kurt said that if at all possible, he'd like to schedule a move-in day for Sunday, November 15th.
    • Shawn donating a belt and disk sander to Shape Lab at move-in.
    • Kurt asks all people donating work benches and tools to the new Shape Lab to get in touch with him this week to make arrangements for delivery and transport.
    • Additional LED lights needed - Kurt and Shawn to talk.

feedback

parking requests

  • No new parking requests

Nominations

  • Rick Curl nominated for membership by Steven Wyss, seconded by Shirley

Announcements

  • Barnes & Noble Fundraiser
    • Pam TIndall, Community Development manager at the Summit Barnes and Noble, wanted to know if we would be interested in being one of the featured nonprofit community groups during the December shopping season. Answer - yes we are.
    • We will need to be at the Summit store for one of two days in December. A small percentage of sales from that day will go to our cause. We are supposed to encourage friends and family to shop and tag our cause. Shirley or JC will follow up with Pam.
  • Shirley and her husband Mark have offered to pay a local Wordpress developer, Kate Newbill of 2FishDesign, to get web integration between Wordpress, wiki and Wild Apricot CRM finished. This will enable one-click enrolment and smoother class registration. Shirley is waiting for an estimate. Shirley considers this vital to group growth and doesn't have time to get it done for the end of the year.
  • Donation Page setup - done - passed to John Rhymes for review.
  • Fundraiser updates
    • Proposal for loss leader membership at Silent Auction
  • Sally showed Tech It Up Silent Auction posters and tickets
    • Sally about to send out a request for donations for the silent auction to larger Birmingham corporations. Also need members to approach friends, family and employers.
  • New brochure - done. Grab it and distribute where needed.
  • meeting adjourned till next week 7pm


floor is now open for discussion and RMM tours

Back Burner

Votes

  • Minutes approved - 5 yeas, 0 nays
  • Rick Curl nominated for membership by Steven Wyss, seconded by Shirley