2015-12-27 Maker Meet

From Red Mountain Makers Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

to calendar ..

Summary

7pm-7:15pm

Location

RMM 5502 1st ave N Birmingham, AL 35212

Participants

  • Colin Brogan (visitor/returning maker)
  • Miriam -minutes and moderator
  • Kris K
  • JC
  • Sandy
  • Chris L
  • Kurt
  • John
  • (proxy votes by Trae and Shawn)

Maker Meet, Show and Tell Agenda

Every Sunday at 7pm

  • New volunteer to take minutes?
  • New volunteer to moderate?

Old

New

Show-n-Tell Projects

Lab Host updates

feedback

parking requests

Nominations

Announcements

Votes

  • hosts
    • Heather Fox for Metal's lab host (by Kurt, James seconds)
    • Kris Kirby for Network Admin by Chris Lais
  • members
    • Heather Fox for membership by Sally, second my John R. (At 11/29/2015 monthly meeting)
    • Maker Heather Fox for membership. Trae nominated, JC seconded the nomination. (At 12/06/2015 maker meet)
      • Heather voted in as member on 12-13-2015
    • Greg Good for membership (by Heather, Chris L. seconds)
    • Being accidentally left at the space by the last key holding member (unknown) he managed to lock the door "MacGyver" style, not having to spend the night at the space.
  • meeting adjourned till next week 7pm


floor is now open for discussion and RMM tours

Back Burner

Minutes

Old

  • Review of previous minutes 2015-12-20 Maker Meet
    • Miriam motions, Sandy seconds.
    • 3 yes, 0 no, 2 abstain

Review of events

  • none

New

Show-n-Tell Projects

  • none

Lab Host updates

  • Metal Lab: cleared out.
  • Office: Miriam has organized and sorted files, still a little more to do to them, should be more user friendly.
  • Bathroom: Sill working on the bathroom, should be ready to paint, sand, and put floor in this week.
    • Hope to have bathroom done by Jan 9th or 10th before the Robotics team starts up again.
    • Check in with Kurt to help out with the bathroom, help welcome.
  • Shape Lab: Kurt working on rules and safety guides, along with a calendar and sign-in/sign-out sheet.
    • Kurt will start doing orientation days/certification before or after Sunday meetings, dates TBA.
  • Circuits Lab: John has bought some slat/slot board to be installed.
  • feedback: none

parking requests

  • none

Nominations

  • none

Announcements

  • We should discuss raising monthly membership costs:
    • currently RMM is working on a shoe string budget and we need to get better equipment and have a cleaner space to entice new members and makers.
    • Gym membership approach doesn't seem to be working, are numbers aren't growing at the rate we hoped.
  • Can we get rid of the printers in the Print Lab, sell them, and replace them with one new one?
  • Can we seriously discuss selling stuff on ebay?
  • Photo copies of peoples IDs, do we need them, is there another approach?
    • Can we take photos of new makers and members in the space and keep those on file.
    • Can we just check a persons ID to confirm who they are without a copy, with a signing witness to the ID having been checked?
    • We need to make sure the printed name of liability waiver is clearly LEGIBLE (maybe the form needs more space for putting the name in)
    • We need to be 100% compliance on whatever we do for every person in the space.

Votes

  • hosts: host/admin position votes moved to monthly meeting 01-03-2016
    • Heather Fox for Metal's lab host (by Kurt, James seconds)
    • Kris Kirby for Network Admin by Chris Liss
  • members
    • Greg Good for membership (by Heather, Chris L. seconds)
    • yes: 8 (two proxy- emails sent to Miriam)
    • no: 0
    • abstain: 0