2016-04-10 Maker Meet
to calendar ..
RMM 5502 1st ave N Birmingham, AL 35212
- Kurt- moderator
- Sally- minutes
- John R
- Kris Kirby
- Michael Jones
- Daniel Willams
- Shirley- joining in progress
- Miriam- joining in progress
- Trae- joining in progress
- SRC3 format from the Dallas Makerspace - []
- New volunteer to take minutes?
- New volunteer to moderate?
Maker Meet, Show and Tell Agenda
Every Sunday at 7pm
I. Previous Meeting Minutes
- 1. 2016-04-03 Maker Meet
- 2. []
"Does anyone have any revisions to the minutes?"
- note: consent agenda closes 48 hours prior to the meeting (7:00 PM Friday)
III.Committee Reports (we don't have committees - so we'll use this for Lab Host Updates)
- Bio Lab
- Ceramics Lab
- Circuits Lab
- Computer Lab
- Fiber Lab
- Food Lab
- Metal Lab
- Photo Lab
- Print Lab
- Shape Lab
- Communal Area
IV. Old Business
V. New Business
1. Voting on nominees (some votes are not "consensus" style votes) 2. Any New Nominations? (for future votes) 3. Any Parking Requests? 4. Anyone got anything for Show-n-Tell?
meeting adjourned till next week 7pm floor is now open for discussion and RMM tours
- previous mins approved
new topics discussed
- $100.00 raised towards tools & equipment.
- classes: Sandy & Michaels build your own 3d printer class
600 for non Rmm members 520 for Members if you cannot afford the 3d printer 600 class they offer a 120 class where you build a printer as a large group and see how things work. Follow up class intro into 3d printing and how to use your 3d printer. Sandy and Michael have a advertising plan and a time line for things set up in the works. Shirley mentioned setting up another audrino class with Joseph Moore.
- Kurt & Shirley stressed using parking request and keeping Labs clean and presentable.
food lab is in vote to be changed to break room due to concerns of health department coming in and issuing a fine.
- Kurt stressed to bring up issues before hand to be added onto the agenda because of our new
- Sally mentioned library is being updated with barcodes for easier tracking.
- Phone plan was disccused $8.00 a month plan vs $0.0050 of a cent or something of that nature per a min, members seemed to be wanting the monthly plan rather than the fraction of a penny plan.
- Shirley mentioned a member was upset about offering help in her lab and she was not allowed to assist in the project. Please take help when offered even if you know the person might not be able to do much.