2016-04-17 Maker Meet
to calendar ..
7pm- 7:25pm RMM Meetings are conducted using the Modified SRC3 format from the Dallas Makerspace.
RMM 5502 1st ave N Birmingham, AL 35212
- miriam -minutes
- kurt -moderator
- steve s
- katie -joining the meeting in progress
Maker Meet, Show and Tell Agenda
"Get comfortable and get quiet, we're starting."
"Can I have a new volunteer to take minutes?"
"Can I have a new volunteer to moderate?"
I. Previous Meeting Minutes
"Does anyone have any revisions to the minutes?"
II. Consent Agenda
- Items in the consent agenda are automatically approved unless they are moved to New Business -or- they receive objections.
- Discuss these items ahead of time so that meetings will proceed quickly.
- Be specific. Describe exactly what it is that you are asking the group for consensus approval.
- Note: consent agenda closes 48 hours prior to the meeting (7:00 PM Friday)
"Does anyone have any items to pull out of the consent agenda for discussion?"
- Michael Jones, request for room rental. "Any objections?"
- $8 monthly phone plan. "Any objections?"
- Let's pool up and get a new projector. Kurt is starting it off with $50.
"Does anyone have any other new items to add to the agenda? (if the moderator allows it)"
III. Lab Host Updates & Committee Reports
"Do the Lab Hosts have their reports?"
- Bio Lab ()
- Break Room (Stephen Ricks)
- Ceramics Lab (Katie Elkins)
- Circuits Lab (Greg Good)
- Communal Area ()
- Computer Lab (Chris Lais)
- Fiber Lab (Miriam Omura)
- Metal Lab (Heather Fox)
- Photo Lab (under construction)
- Print Lab (Sally Kuhn)
- Shape Lab (Kurt Fattig)
IV. Old Business
"Moving on to Old Business!"
V. New Business
"Moving on to New Business!"
- Standard meeting business
- Voting on nominees (only during the last meeting of the month)
- Proposal for three introductory Arduino Saturday classes with Joe Moore - from Shirley
- Saturday, May 28th;
- Saturday, August 13th;
- Saturday, October 15th.
- "Does anyone have anything else to bring up?"
- Let's finish this thing
- "Are there any new nominations?"
- "Are there any parking requests?"
- "Does anyone have anything for Show-n-Tell?"
"Meeting adjourned! Next meeting on Sunday at 7PM."
"RMM is now open for tours."
Previous minutes approved
- Michael Jones approved for a room rental
- $8 monthly phone plan approved
- no out going calls to be made on the line as they will be an extra charge and RMM is on a tight budget.
- for more detail talk to Kris K
- new projector fund started by Kurt with $50
- weekly progress will be give each week, please give donations to Kurt.
- ceramics lab- meeting was held about the kiln interface, hood and ventilation system being planned out, Kurt helping with creating a "close off" gate for the area when kiln is in use to prevent people from being hurt/burnt
- computer lab- request to have Stephen Ricks remove belongings, no parking request has been made for them.
- print lab- printer table almost done, but printer seems to be on its last legs.
- shape lab- demolition in the Safety area with Greg G./ Kurt F.; cubby's in the shape lab for storage of tools.
- circuits lab- lab is organized and ready for use, please note any projects, tools, supplies left out without a parking request will become part of the Circuits lab.
- sally is creating a display area in the front room where the picnic table is, discussions of where the table should move to.
- request for Ardino classes taught by Joe Moore on May 28th, Aug 13th, and Oct 15th.
- May 28th is not available due to the 3D printing class given by Sandy and Michael J, other dates are clear and available.
- parking request- please contact lab hosts when parking items in their lab.
- clean up the meeting room
show and tell
- Alex- strawberry wax melt in action in the meeting room this evening, yay it works and smells good, fills the whole meeting room area.
- Sally- water sensor for measuring moisture levels in the planters out front, would love some help with the project so it will send a signal/message to her phone.
- Sally- meeting bell made