2016-05-15 maker meet
to calendar ..
RMM 5502 1st ave N Birmingham, AL 35212
- Kris K
- Chris L
- John R
- Miriam - moderate/ minutes
- Sandy (joining in progress)
- Alex (joining in progress)
- Shirley (joining in progress)
- SRC3 format from the Dallas Makerspace - []
- New volunteer to take minutes?
- New volunteer to moderate?
Maker Meet, Show and Tell Agenda
Every Sunday at 7pm
I. Previous Meeting Minutes
- 1. 2016-05-08 Maker Meet
- 2. [[ ]]
"Does anyone have any revisions to the minutes?"
- note: consent agenda closes 48 hours prior to the meeting (7:00 PM Friday)
III.Committee Reports (we don't have committees - so we'll use this for Lab Host Updates)
- Bio Lab
- Ceramics Lab
- Circuits Lab
- Computer Lab
- Fiber Lab
- Food Lab
- Metal Lab
- Photo Lab
- Print Lab
- Shape Lab
- Communal Area
IV. Old Business
V. New Business
1. Voting on nominees (some votes are not "consensus" style votes) 2. Any New Nominations? (for future votes) 3. Any Parking Requests? 4. Anyone got anything for Show-n-Tell?
meeting adjourned till next week 7pm floor is now open for discussion and RMM tours
Past weeks minutes
not updated- nothing to approve
- Shape lab- still building Print lab table- renewing parking ticket for another week.
- Shape Lab- LED lights put into the Shape lab- yeah! saving electricity.
- Computer Lab- Keep it clean for Mike and Sandy's class next weekend.
- Computer Lab- Alex loaning 3D printer to RMM in computer lab.
- Second Meeting room- John has been cleaning it up.
- Communal Area- Alex's wax melts damaged over the past weekend.
- Communal Area- LED lights up. Yeah less electricity being used
- Communal Area- multiple layers of bathroom floor removed and new floor LAID PROPERLY, toilet going in this week.
- rack cabinet in bio lab- will be moved. talk with Kris K. if you have any questions.
anybody want to be secretary? trae- nominates Daniel Near, Chris L seconds.
- RMM had a movie night this past Thursday.
- MAKEBHM- has had big articles out about them we need the same.
- Trae- Moundville archeology park joined the seed bank, and Trae is giving a lecture on seed saving in Mobile
- Shirley and Sally- 7th/8th grade Birmingham City School career day. talked about ways to get started in programing and engineering.
- Lynn and Shirley are going to start meeting to work on grants for RMM. Send ideas for projects to Shirley by Tuesday (for immediate consideration) anything after will be later.
- 3D printing class next Saturday. Keep key-holder and maker activities to a minimum in the space during the class time. Please help keep RMM clean and help clean RMM to prep for the class!
- Second Arduino class not getting much response, may put it on hold.