2016-05-22 maker meet
to calendar ..
RMM 5502 1st ave N Birmingham, AL 35212
attendees: sawyss, shawn, chris, kurt, greg, sally, kris, heather
- SRC3 format from the Dallas Makerspace - []
- New volunteer to take minutes? User:Kris
- New volunteer to moderate? Kurt
Maker Meet, Show and Tell Agenda
Every Sunday at 7pm
I. Previous Meeting Minutes
- 1. 2016-05-08 Maker Meet not updated to the wiki at time of last weeks meet and make.
- 2. 2016-05-15 maker meet
"Does anyone have any revisions to the minutes?"
- note: consent agenda closes 48 hours prior to the meeting (7:00 PM Friday)
No items for consent agenda.
(we don't have committees - so we'll use this for Lab Host Updates)
- Bio Lab
- Ceramics Lab
- Circuits Lab - New tools are painted red, take care of them.
- Computer Lab - Now printing Ninjaflex filament, check out the octopus.
- Fiber Lab
- Food Lab
- Metal Lab - Looks better, actual table in place.
- Photo Lab
- Print Lab - New computer, prints now cost by the page, Kurt finished the (absolutely stunning) table under the Xerox Phaser.
- Shape Lab - Kurt bought a drill bit set. Ryobi - drill tools w cordless drill. Use oil when drilling with this equipment.
- Communal Area - Cleaned up for 3D Printer class, 8 non-RMM attendees, two new members: Jose and Louis.
IV. Old Business
V. New Business
1. Voting on nominees (some votes are not "consensus" style votes) 2. Any New Nominations? (for future votes) 3. Any Parking Requests? 4. Anyone got anything for Show-n-Tell?
Donate $100 or more and get a 3D printed brick, to acknowledge support of RMM.
Tabled: 3d prints, see what options we have to engage people during tours by giving them something to take home with them.
meeting adjourned till next week 7pm floor is now open for discussion and RMM tours
owner has been contacted re: building wide plumbing issue... no response after several days over the weekend.
kurt table shine - challenge for each host to do something nice or for another maker to remain in the space.