2016-06-05 maker meet

From Red Mountain Makers Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

to calendar ..

Minutes

Summary

Sunday, June 12th
Started: 7:01 pm
Adjourned: 7:09 pm

Location

RMM 5502 1st Ave N Birmingham, AL 35212

Participants

  • Sandy Campbell, keyholder - moderator
  • Kurt Fattig, keyholder
  • Shirley Hicks, keyholder - taking minutes
  • Sally Kuhn, keyholder
  • Christopher West, maker
  • Karen Jensen, maker
  • Louis Willie, maker
  • Alex Stewart, keyholder
  • Greg Good, keyholder
  • Shay, maker

Information

  • SRC3 format from the Dallas Makerspace - [[1]]
  • Shirley agreed to take minutes
  • Sandy agreed to moderate the meeting

Maker Meet, Show and Tell Agenda

I. Previous Meeting Minutes

1. 2016-05-29 monthly meeting
2. 2016-05-22 maker meet previously not posted, need to be approved.
3. 2016-05-08 Maker Meet previously not posted, need to be approved.

"Does anyone have any revisions to the minutes?" - no revisions requested

II.Consent Agenda

note: consent agenda closes 48 hours prior to the meeting (7:00 PM Friday)

III.Committee Reports (we don't have committees - so we'll use this for Lab Host Updates)

  • Bio Lab - no updates
  • Ceramics Lab - Shirley says an exhaust hood has been installed
  • Circuits Lab - no updates
  • Computer Lab - no updates
  • Fiber Lab - no updates
  • Food Lab - no updates
  • Metal Lab - no updates
  • Photo Lab - no updates
  • Print Lab - no updates
  • Shape Lab - Safety Zone is essentially completed and red tool chest has been organized
  • Communal Area

IV. Old Business

V. New Business

1. Voting on nominees (some votes are not "consensus" style votes)
2. Any New Nominations? (for future votes) - no new nominations
3. Any Parking Requests? - no new parking requests
4. Discussion of the fight "incident" outside theSpace last Tuesday evening. 911 was called, took police 45 minutes to get to our address, by which time the couple involved had left. There is a need for required actions to be posted and made readily available to membership working at theSpace so that everyone handles such situations in the safest manner possible.
Heather and Shirley to write out a procedure/how-to for the wiki.
Process and steps to be posted in meeting room and on bulletin boards in theSpace.
Shirley has requested better communications with the Woodlawn Business Association so that all businesses and organizations are talking to one another ' "eyes on the street".
Need to post "No soliciting" and "No public restrooms" in front windows - we've had request for use and it allows strangers in the back where there are "desirable things". It's one thing if a visitor is here for activities - another if a stranger is wandering around unescorted.
Need to contact Birmingham City Police to get their recommended steps and training for handling future incidents.
5. 'Anyone got anything for Show-n-Tell? Sally showed off an LED skirt. She and Kurt have been working on the programming.

VI. Adjournment

meeting adjourned till next week 7pm
floor is now open for discussion and RMM tours