Brother Heavy Duty Industrial Sewing Machine
From Red Mountain Makers Wiki
|Arrival Date||July 2014|
|Contact||Mykel Alvis, Shirley Hicks or Celeste Phau|
- B707 instruction manual (applies to the B716 as well). Review before using machine!
- Brother DB2-B716-403AB service manual
- DB2-B716-403AB parts manual
- Supplies (needles, large spools of heavy duty thread) must be ordered from Henderson Sewing Machine Company of Andulusia, AL
- Use Schmetz #16 or #18 needles only.
- No.16 for all regular fabrics (use lighterweight thread)
- Canu 14:25:1
- NM: 100 SIZE: 16
- 16 x 231 (or 257)
- 287 WH
- No. 18 for leather and webbing (use heavy weight thread)
- Do not use needles for home-use machines on professional machines
- Different performance characteristics & needle shape
- Needle position very important
- Position so that groove in needle is on left side, notch in needle on right
- This machine requires regular professional maintenance. Required when there is no more oil in the bottom pan.
- Last maintenance - 1 December 2014. Will be every two - three years.
- Technician - Walter Holder. Maintains most commercial machines in the region
- $99 + parts per service call
- Available to run training classes - see phone number in supplier directory
- Training cost effective with 4 or more students
This tool requires certification for use.
List of Currently Certified Users
|Qualified Member||Trained By|
|Shirley Hicks||Walter Holder|
|Miriam Omura||Trae Watson|
|Baird Castleberry||Miriam Omura|