Iron 3D 9x9 3D Printer
|Arrival Date||April 4, 2014|
- Stock part files: https://github.com/Xssink/Iron_9X9
- NOTE: Many of the stock parts do not match what we were sent, and some of the ones that do are wrong.
Filament currently available in lab:
Please check with the Computer Lab Host to ensure that materials appropriate for your project are available. If you need to work with something different, run materials that you are bringing in by the Computer Lab Host prior to use.
Software to Create Designs
- SketchUp: Simple 3D modeller
- SculptGL: web-based 3D modeller based on "sculpting"
- OnShape: web-based parametric solid modeller
- OpenSCAD: CAD scripting language
- FreeCAD: Parametric mesh/solid modeller
Software to Print Designs
- Printable dimensions: X 200, Y 200, Z 270
- Center: X 100, Y 100
- Number of extruders: 1
- Filament diameter: 1.75mm
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4mm
- Maximum hotend temperature: 245C
- Maximum bed temperature: 120C
BED AUTO-CALIBRATION MUST BE DONE BEFORE PRINTING! Use the following G-code to do this.
<BED> with the bed temperature,
<EXT> with the extruder number, 0, and
<TEMP> with the hotend temperature.
; Set desired bed temperature; no wait. M140 S<BED> ; Set desired extruder & temperature; no wait. T<EXT> M104 S<TEMP> ; Home X/Y G28 X0 Y0 ; Seek to the bed; G29 will only go a certain amount. G28 Z0 ; Auto-calibrate bed G29 ; [mm] mode G21 ; absolute mode G90 ; Raise the extruder a bit G1 Z15 ; Wait for the bed to reach temp. M190 S<BED> ; Wait for the extruder to reach temp. M109 S<TEMP>
- PLA: 185C hotend + 50C bed seems to work fine for most PLA
- Use glue stick for adhesion, metal spatula to remove part.
- ABS: Unknown.
- Nylon: Unknown.
- Clean the bed frequently, at least between every 5 prints with wet paper towels for best adhesion.
According to Dry Erase:
- Print Temp: 200
- Bed Temp: 60
is this correct?
The Z-Probe is a modified optical interrupter that reflects a small IR spot off the glass bed, which is picked up by the photodiode.
This tool requires certification for use.
List of Currently Certified Users
|Qualified Member||Trained By|
|Daniel Near||Chris Lais|
|Sandy Campbell||Chris Lais|
|JC Porras||Chris Lais|