Large Object Storage
We are testing out a ticket system to track ownership of large objects and projects in the space (as of July 2014).
Link to ticket forms:
Instructions for Use (Beta)
- Be excellent to each other.
- When you bring a large object or project into the space for continuing work, or for a project which has not yet completed, it can get in the way of other people and their projects. This ticketing system alerts members as to why your object/project is here, where it should be stored, and any specific handling requirements.
Ensure that the object/project isn’t in a No Parking Zone (currently the front room and hallways) and not blocking walkways or designated Fire Routes (as shown on the space Evacuation Plan).
If no other key-holding members are around when you bring in the object/project:
- Fill out a (yellow) Parking Request. Forms are on the literature rack in the front meeting room.
- Tear off the request chit (the bottom portion) and put it in the Chit Box in the admin area (currently in the Printer Lab).
- Tape the filled out Parking Request to your large object. Another member will issue you a (green) Parking Permit when they are next in the space. Email, text or call another member to make sure you get that approval!
When there is another key-holding member in the space:
- Fill out a (green) Parking Permit. Forms are on the literature rack in the front meeting room.
- When the other key-holding member agrees with presence of your object/project and it’s storage location, they are to sign their approval on the Parking Permit.
- Tear off the permit chit (the bottom portion) and put it in the Chit Box in the admin area. This is so we can quickly count the number of projects in the space.
- Tape the filled out Parking Permit to your large object.
Key-holding members: Found an untagged object or project in the space? Not sure what it’s status is?
- Fill out a (pink) Parking Ticket. Make sure that you date it and sign it!
- Tear off the ticket chit (the bottom portion) and put it in the Chit Box in the admin area. This is so we can quickly count the number of ticketed projects or objects in the space.
- Tape the filled out Parking Ticket to the found object or project. Attempt to contact the other key-holding member.