From Red Mountain Makers Wiki
The Red Mountain Makerspace has a number of infrastructure elements available to members and makers
These include the following:
- Bio Lab - Fermentation of grains, fruits, honey, vegetables, as well as plant-based medicine-making
- - ceramics
- Circuits Lab - Computer builds, microprocessors, and all things electronic
- Computer Lab - Six station training/work room
- Fiber Lab - Sewing and weaving
- Hack Zone - Free Parts!
- Metal Lab -Metal work
- Photo Lab - In progress. Needs a dedicated photo enthusiast!
- Print Lab - Office in front of space; Also contains our Library
- Shape Lab - Woodworking
- Meeting Room - Front foyer
- 7 rental studio labs - 2 open
- Route 28 1st ave bus runs in front of the building till 9pm, and Route 17 5th ave bus is within a block.
- Bicycle racks at the corner.
- City parking is on the right side of the building.
- Dollar General store opposite 1st Avenue N/55th Street intersection
- Grainger - 3735 First Ave. N
- Wash Whirl Laundromat- 5404 1st Ave N, Birmingham, AL
- Dining- Try Bayle's Catering and Grill south on 1st ave past regions bank on the right.
- Cyclo Cafe on 1st Avenue South just east of 55th Place (short walk from the makerspace) Open 7 am - 10 pm most days. You can bring your bike into the cafe.
- Groceries- There is a Dollar General store opposite 1st Avenue N/55th Street intersection, and a City Meats & Vegetable on 56th.
- More Food Options