JC and Stephen playing Minecraft with the game hosted on the new server
|Purpose||To serve as a platform for teaching introductory programming using Forge|
|Participants||Sally, JC, Stephen, Steven|
- Minecraft server to serve as instructional aide for Minecraft mods (Java).
- Original idea was to set up PowerEdge 1800 as MineCraft server. Sally and Stephen looked over and tested the PowerEdge - wasn't running.
- Steven brought in a G5 - awesome tower serves now as Minecraft server.
Accessible internally within theSpace at IP 10.1.2.146 (Minecraft)
- Make accessible to internet with member login
- Set up login protocols and a login link off of the Red Mountain Makers website
- G5 tower
- Minecraft installation package
- Daniel W.
- Steven W.
- As of 6 Dec 2015, we now have a Minecraft server!
- All productive work will stop at theSpace for the next four months!
Minecraft Tutorials and Resources
From Steven W.: "I recommend researching and making your own mods. There are tons of resources out there for this but it's very important to start seeing what you're going to get yourself into as it can get very very crazy."
Here are some places to start.