The Photo Lab is a public dark room dedicated to the pursuit of analog photography. Here participants can develop and print their film in a collegiate level facility. We are dedicated to teaching and promoting the use of film photography to residents of the Birmingham area.
- Durst M601 6x6 Enlarger
- Beseler 23C 6X7 Negative Carrier
- Beseler 23C 2" Slide Film Carrier
- Beseler 23C 645 Negative Carrier
- Grain Enlarger
- Dark Room Timer x2
- Squeegee x2
- Developing Tray Tongs x6
- Tray Thermometer x6
- Print Drying Clips x4
- Rodenstock 35mm Enlarger Lens
- Nikon 35mm Enlager Lens for Beseler x3
- Measuring Spoon Set x2
- Dodge and Burn Wands x2
- Magnifying Loupe
- Enlarger Holder
- Bulk Loader x4
- Projector Lenses
- Safe Light
- Black and White Film Processing Books
- 35mm Slide Viewer
- Wallen Sach 91mm Enlarger Lens
- Miscellaneous 50mm Enlarger Lenses
- Nikon 75mm Enlarger Lens
- Kodak 135mm Enlarger Lens
- Elgeet 105mm Enlarger Lens
- Rogonar 105mm Enlarger Lens
- Durst 105mm Enlarger Lens
- Rodenstock 75mm Enlarger Lens
- Black and White Contrast Filters
- 4X5 Film Holder
- 35mm Macro Bellows
- Beseler Color Printing Filter x3
- Print Rollers x3
- Nikon Pre-AI 105mm f/2.5
- HC Carenar 135mm f/2.8 Unknown Mount
- Carenar 35mm f/2.8 Unknown Mount
- Vivitar 28mm f/2.5 Pre-AI Nikon Mount
- Sankyo Kohki f/135mm 2.8 Unknown Mount
- Sigma f/75-250mm Pre-AI Nikon Mount
- Vivitar f/85-250mm Pre-AI Nikon Mount
- Mamiya Sekor 50mm f/2
- Carl Zeiss 58mm f/2 Leica Screw Mount
- Extension Tubes x10
- Teleconverters x9
- Misc. Filters x18
- Lens Adapters x51
- 35mm Metal Developing Reels x8
- 35mm Plastic Developing Reels x10
- 120 Metal Developing Reel
- 120 Plastic Developing Reels x3
- 8mm Plastic Developing Reel
- 35mm Developing Tanks x3
- 120 Developing Tanks x2
- Add info here
General safety rules
As a reminder to all makers, utilization of personal appliances is permitted by Red Mountain Makers. However, these safety rules need to be followed.
- Don't leave it running unattended. This is especially important for anything designed to heat air or any other medium unless specifically labeled on the appliance by the manufacturer that it can be left alone.
- Don't use drop cords across hallways or through doorways. Without securing the cords to the floor and blocking the doors to ensure the cord is not crushed.
- Be careful not to overload electrical outlets. That is a quick way to cause a fire.
- Do not use the appliance or tool in damp locations unless rated to do so.
- Do not interfere with functions of Red Mountain Makers with your personal appliance. Be courteous of others. Here are examples but not limited to:
- Playing loud music when a class is being held
- Using a bright light in a dark room.
- Do not use the appliance if it poses a danger to yourself and others without first gaining consent from the makers to use it, and then making sure all appropriate safety precautions are followed to ensure safe operation.
- If someone asks you to postpone the use of an appliance until they leave, do so unless it is absolutely necessary to use the equipment. If it is necessary explain to the maker that it is necessary and why it is.
- If for any reason these rules must be violated permission must be obtained from the Chief Safety Officer before doing so.