Lab Host: Sally Kuhn, printlabhost at redmountainmakers dot org
The Print Lab is in the front right corner of theSpace. It contains our administrative offices, printers, and the Library.
- KM-4035 Photocopier
- Carl 25" Heavy Duty Rotary Trimmer
- X-acto electric pencil sharpener
- Brother P-touch Extra Label maker
- Bates 3-hole adjustable paper punch
- Adjustable 3-hole heavy-duty paper punch
- Office Max 2-hole paper punch
- X-acto rotary cutter
- Xerox Phaser 7760 Color printer
- Dell PowerEdge 400SC
- HP Color LaserJet 2550n
- HP Color LaserJet 8500
- HP LaserJet 4100N
- HP Deskjet 3511
- Kiosk PC - Will be used for check-in/check-out of books and equipment and other "paperwork" type applications
- KM-4035 Photocopier - Copier
- HP Color LaserJet 8500 - Evaluating cost of supplies (Toner/maintenance kit); may be donated
- HP Deskjet 3511 - Accessible through HP ePrint (follow link for instructions)
- HP Color LaserJet 2550n - Not currently functional; needs to be evaluated
- HP LaserJet 4100N - Not functional; needs to be evaluated
Print Lab tasks
Task coordinator: Sally Kuhn aka Keycloud, printlabhost at redmountainmakers dot org.
- Identify desired layout and functionality for room
- Find a Windows machine to run print server software for the Kyocera photocopier (gives us scanning and fax capabilities, as well as high volume black and white printing)
- Connect photocopier to network
- Build or find wheeled base for Xerox_Phaser_7760_Color_printer. Base needs to measure 28" wide x 28" deep. Include paper storage below.
- Find 2-drawer locking filing cabinet to replace current 4-drawer. To be used for group doc storage. Fireproof, if possible.
- Once library has been moved out into a more accessible area, tear out (and reuse?) existing upper shelves and cabinets.
- Determine feasibility and cost of supplies for HP Color LaserJet 8500 and cost per copy Velochicdunord (talk) 20:40, 24 November 2015 (EST) initial data collected and tabled by Andrew Clifton. Need to incorporate data scrapers to monitor identified price sources
- Determine desired functionality for Kiosk PC and identify needed software Velochicdunord (talk) 20:40, 24 November 2015 (EST) initial data collected and tabled by Andrew Clifton. Need to incorporate data scrapers to monitor identified price sources
- Install operating system and software in Kiosk PC
- Repair cable on barcode scanner and verify proper operation - now works Velochicdunord (talk) 20:40, 24 November 2015 (EST)
Goal is to make all items in this area portable, so that they can be moved to specific-purpose work areas, once built.
This area is best suited for either a small meeting room or a Lego/Robotics Lab (youth and kid-oriented activity area).
Print Lab wish list
Coordinator: Sally Kuhn aka Keycloud, printlabhost at redmountainmakers dot org
- working large format continuous roll printer. B&W essential. (for printing patterns).
- Wheeled metal or wood printer base unit (cupboard or rack storage type) that can hold a 27" x 27" laser printer. - High priority
- Paper - general printer and photocopier - our consumption is going up.