Source: Red Mountain Makers bylaws
"The secretary shall keep a book of minutes of all meetings, proceedings, and actions of the board, of committees of the board, and of members' meetings. The minutes of meetings shall include the time and place that the meeting was held; whether the meeting was annual, general, or special; the notice given; the names of persons present at board, committee, regular, and special meetings. The Secretary shall send out meeting announcements, distributing copies of minutes and the agenda to each board member, and assuring that corporate records are maintained. The Secretary shall keep a record of the corporation's members, showing each member's name, address, and class of membership. The secretary shall keep a copy of the articles of incorporation and bylaws, as amended to date."
Organization minutes are maintained on the [group wiki.
Meeting announcements are sent out to the mailing list
Corporate files and records are maintained:
- Paper copies - filing cabinet
- Electronic documents - Google drive respository (need password and correct gmail address to login)
As much as possible, keep file folder structure the same for physical and virtual files.
Stuff that needs to be done when a new secretary comes in
- Outgoing secretary to train incoming secretary (and remain as advisor)
Secretary will need account access for:
- wiki - needs to have administrator privileges to be able to roll back edits to minutes and other key records.
- website - editor level - for publicity, announcements and organizational information
- google doc repository - all formatted docs, correspondence and materials