When a member leaves
From Red Mountain Makers Wiki
Things to do when a maker or member leaves RMM
Ensure that the following are done:
- Remove them from the maker and member email lists.
- Ask if they wish to be added to newsletter and announce lists to continue to receive group updates and information (members that are no longer active, but whom have had a good experience are excellent ambassadors.)
- Update and archive membership in Wild Apricot CRM account.
- Check on and settle up any outstanding accounts (soda fund, fundraising for equipment purchases, projects, etc)
- Remove backend access to website. If on good terms (and they are interested in posting material), retain as users, but reduce to an author or contributor level.
- Reduce Meetup membership to participant - remove or reduce organizer status, update titles.
- Studios - check with departing member as to arrangements for equipment removal.
- Check on equipment on loan to space - make arrangements for removal, donation (and if needed) replacement.
- Check library sign-out sheet - ensure all library books returned to RMM.
- Collect key
- Cancel security passcode
If the member leaving is a board member or has had a leadership role (Lab host, safety, tech, web, grants, fundraising), the following will also be required:
- Update forwards on role-related email addresses at DreamHost.com
- Change signing authorities
- Change related account access and passwords How-to