Xerox Phaser 7760 Color printer
From Red Mountain Makers Wiki
|Contact||Trae or Shirley|
 - copy this link to tell your computer where to find the printer on the network.
- 10-year-old printer (2005). As printers go, it is an old man, creaky, needs to be babied a bit, but still working.
- Occasionally, it will spit out a warning about a full toner receptacle. What has happened is that spilled toner has accumulated on sensor windows below the toner cartridges. When this happens, follow toner window cleaning structions as noted in Manual section, and as posted by the printer.
- Tone collection unit changed 19 Nov 2015.
- Two-sided printing capability, except for some specific OS types (Mac 10.10)
- Has a narrow streak (non-printing area) 3/4 along page (add further notes when you actually see the streak in print)
- All Windows operating systems should have functional drivers. But if they don't, go to the Xerox site for drivers.
- Mac OS:
- 10.7 Lion - Printer drivers
- 10.8 Mountain Lion & 10.9 Mavericks - Printer drivers
- 10.10 Yosemite - Xerox has not updated the printer drivers. Suggested workaround that works. Install according to instructions on the page. This driver doesn't allow for two-sided printing.
- After installing the drivers, you will need to add the IP address shown above. This allows your computer to find the Xerox 7760DN on the network.
- Linux drivers
- The sensor window near the waste toner cartridge has to be cleaned carefully in order to keep the machine functioning.
- User Manual
- See page Chapter 5 page 4 for specific instructions regarding cleaning the individual view windows for each toner cartridge
- There is a print out of this section hanging beside the printer.
- 11x17 inch paper or card stock
- 8.5x11 inch paper or card stock
- please donate 15 cents per print in the jar, to cover toner costs